Monday, January 11, 2010

Sour Cream Green Enchilada Casserole


This recipe makes a big pan! If you have enough side dishes, you can get 2 meals out of it. It also takes a little bit of muscle to stir all of the ingredients together! I don't mind it though. It helps me to justify eating such a cheesy dish! This a recipe of my Grandma York's, who got it from her daughter, my Aunt Debbie.

Ingredients:

24 corn tortillas cut into square chunks
1 can of diced green chilies. I like to use a lg. can because I love the flavor!
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
1 24 oz. container of sour cream
1 sm. diced onion or 2 tbs. of dried minced onion
2 cups of shredded cheese plus a little more to put on top.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large mixing bowl coe, 1 medium onion diced, green chilies, cream of chicken soup, sour cream and corn tortillas. Mix all together, put in a 9 X 13 inch casserole dish top with cheese. Bake 30 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy....I love green chiles too. While I was pregnant with Nathan, all I wanted to eat were green chile bean burritos from Del Taco. I'll have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made this many times. I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete