Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Lemon Bars


My longtime and best friend BJ gave me this recipe and I thank her for it EVERY single time I make it! Even if you are a committed chocoholic and cringe at the thought of a dessert that is NOT chocolate, you will LOVE this one! I'm telling you! I have never taken this dessert to a party, meeting or whatever where someone has not asked for this recipe and then given me a hug once I deliver it. The crust alone is heavenly! Then you add the lemon filling on top of that and then frost it with the homemade cream cheese frosting! I'm telling you! I am drooling just thinking about it. It is THAT good! So thank you again BJ for sharing this recipe with me!

Ingredients:

1 cup softened butter
2 cups flour
½ c. powdered sugar
Mix these together and press into an ungreased 9x13 pan or dish and bake at 350 for about 10-12 minutes.

Filling
Mix 4 eggs, 2 cups granulated sugar, ½ cup flour and 6 tablespoons of lemon juice. Pour over warm crust. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Frost when cool.

Frosting
6 oz. softened cream cheese
3 tablespoons melted butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
Mix well, till no lumps, spread over lemon bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment