Tuesday, January 5, 2010

OK, Here it goes!

For those who know me, it is no secret that I LOVE to cook! I love to cook and to my good fortune, my family LOVES to eat! The title of this blog comes from my oldest son. He has been after me for years to open my own restaurant and call it "Mama's Fat Cookin". Opening a restaurant takes money. Something I do not have. It also takes a lot of time. Something I have even less of! In my attempt to stay "current", I have opted to go with Phat instead of Fat. On this blog, I will list recipes that are personal, family and friend favorites. I will never list a recipe that I haven't tried out myself and approve of. I have high standards, in that food must taste good! I say, why even bother eating something if it feels like a chore. Eating should be an enjoyable experience. Sometimes exciting, like an adventure. Sometimes comforting, like a warm hug from someone you care about. And sometimes.....sometimes, just plain JOYOUS! There are those that say food can't make you happy. I 100% disagree with this kind of thinking! However, I do believe that for food to be truly enjoyed, it must come with a healthy dose of love. When one of my kids has had a bad day. I never give them a homemade cookie without an arm around him or her and letting them know just how special they are. By the way, if you ever see a healthy recipe posted. It will be because it is delicious and NOT because it is healthy. Like I said, I'm all about flavor! Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This is sooo cool Becky. My husband is already eyeballing the Vanilla Wafer Bundt cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I'm so excited to try your recipes. I always smile when I read what you're cooking for your family on FB. You're so awesome Becky!!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete