Saturday, December 18, 2010

Nutter Butter Bombs!


The Oreo Bombs were so yummy. My hubs told me I should use the same recipe but use Nutter Butters instead. The man must have been inspired! They turned out GREAT! I can't decide which one I prefer. To do so, would be like picking a favorite child. No can do!

Ingredients:
1 pkg. Nutter Butter cookies, crushed. (If you have a food processor, then I guess that would work fine. I don't, so I just grab a stack of about 5 cookies and break them by hand. Later, I'll use a pastry blender to crush them further, if I think it's needed)
8 oz. softened cream cheese
1 pkg. milk chocolate chips
about 1/3 to 1/2 cup peanut butter chips

In a mixing bowl (I use my kitchen aid for this) mix the crushed Nutter Butters and cream cheese till well blended.
Form into balls, about walnut sized, and place on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper, making sure they don't touch.
Put this in the freezer for about 20 minutes. This will make them easier to handle when dipping in the chocolate.
After 20 minutes, take out of freezer and set aside.
In a microwave safe bowl, melt the milk chocolate chips, just until melted. Stir till smooth.
Drop each Nutter Butter Bomb into the milk chocolate and using toothpicks, turn to coat well and place back on lined cookie sheet.
When all have been coated, place in fridge while you melt the peanut butter chips in a small bowl.
Remove the Nutter Butter Bombs from the fridge and using a fork, drizzle with the melted peanut butter chips.
Store in fridge till ready to serve.

Makes a little over 2 dozen.

1 comment:

  1. What a good idea! I made the cookie truffles for the first time, had to pat myself on the back. They're so good, I put peppermint extract in mine..for christmas.

    ReplyDelete