Saturday, April 2, 2011

Easy BBQ Chicken & Pineapple


First of all I must give credit to my sister in law Maria for this recipe. So thank you Maria! This is JUST as good as it sounds. And the best part? It's eeeeaaaassssy! Gotta love those throw it in a crock pot dinners and forget about it till mealtime. I don't mind cooking dishes that take hours to prepare. In fact, I love it! Unfortunately, time is a luxury that I, like most people, do not have. Which is why this particular recipe is a keeper. I get home from work/errands and whip up some rice, throw some Grands biscuits in the oven, warm up a can of Le Sueur peas and it's a meal! Enjoy!!

Ingredients:

1 1/2 to 2 lbs. of boneless chicken breasts or tenders(does not have to be thawed)
1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
1 small can crushed pineapple with the juice

Put chicken, BBQ sauce and pineapple into your crock pot and set it on low for about 6 hours or until chicken looks done. Mine cooks for about 9 hours because I have to put it on before going to work. Turns out great every time! When chicken is tender, take 2 forks and shred the chicken in the crock pot. Stir and serve over rice. Mmmm Goood!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to see you blogging! If you need a mint brownie fix, go to my blog...www.asmyworldturns-cindy.blogspot.com for BYU Mint Brownies. They are sooo addicting! :)

    ReplyDelete