Monday, December 13, 2010

7 Layer Salad AKA Company Salad

This recipe was given to me by my Aunt Cynthia. My Aunt Cynthia has a talent for giving the perfect hug! From as far back as I can remember until today, when I see my Aunt Cynthia, I HAVE to have one of her hugs! She doesn't give you one of those barely there hugs. And she doesn't try her hand a chiropractic work on your neck while giving you a hug either. It's the kind of hug that lets you know you've been hugged and makes you feel like YOU matter! Now THAT'S a hug! Oh and she makes a mean salad too!

First, you're going to layer in a 9 X 13 in. dish in order:
1 head lettuce shredded
1/2 cup green onions, chopped
1 cup celery, diced
1 can sliced water chestnuts,drained and chopped
1 reg. pkg. frozen peas
Next, you're going to make the dressing as follows:
Combine 2 cups mayonnaise, 2 tsp. sugar, 1/2 tsp garlic powder & 1 tsp. Lawry's season salt. Drop by dollops on top of the peas and spread. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 24 hours.(Note: I've made it when I've only had time to refrigerate it for 10 hours and it seemed fine to me.)
Before serving, add your final layers as follows:
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1 bottle of bacon bits
3 chopped tomatoes (I leave this out since I don't care for tomatoes)

ENJOY!!

2 comments: