Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Joyous Wassail!

This recipe makes up a TON, so it is most ideal for holiday parties. The first time I made this, I wasn't sure how people would like it, so I also made up a huge pot of homemade hot chocolate. Delicious as the hot chocolate was, it was no match for the wassail. I found myself trying to push the hot chocolate, while a path was being worn to were the wassail was! Enjoy, my friends!

Ingredients:
1 gallon apple cider
1 quart orange juice
1 cup lemon juice
1 large can pineapple juice
24 whole cloves
1 cup sugar
4 sticks cinnamon

Combine all ingredients in a large pot. Simmer at least 10 minutes. Remove cinnamon sticks and cloves. Serve hot. Makes a gallon and a half. Store in fridge when cool. Shake and heat desired amount to be served.

No comments:

Post a Comment