Sunday, April 18, 2010

Marinated Bean Salad

Yeah I know, ANOTHER bean salad recipe! If I didn't get so many compliments on my bean salad, I wouldn't bother to even put this one up. But I DO get compliments at every picnic, potluck, etc... I take it to. AND I must admit that I also prefer my bean salad to anyone else's. Bean salads out of a can, out of a jar or even from the local deli doesn't hold a candle to this one! The best thing about this bean salad, as with all others I suppose, is that the longer it's able to sit in the fridge and marinate, the BETTER! Bean salad that has sweet PLUS tang! YESSS!

Ingredients & Directions
1 can cut green beans, drained
1 can cut wax beans, drained
1 can dark red kidney beans, drained
1 can garbanzo beans, drained
1 sm. red onion, cut into rings or diced
1 sm, green bell pepper, diced

Mix into medium sized salad bowl and make dressing as follows:

1/2 cup red wine vinegar
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper

Pour dressing over salad, tossing to coat well. Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours. When ready to serve, pour off dressing but don't throw it out. You'll want to keep it to put the leftovers into before you put it back in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment