Sunday, April 18, 2010

French Vanilla Walnut Cookies

My daughter's friend told me these were "Heaven In A Cookie!" Let's think about this. Light, soft, warm and sweet. Sounds like Heaven to me! This is one of the many, and I mean MANY variations on the "Cake Mix Cookie". If you don't care for nuts, then just leave them out. They're still good; just not AS good.

Ingredients:

1 French Vanilla cake mix
1 egg beaten
1 stick melted butter or margarine
1/4 to 1/3 chopped walnuts
ground cinnamon

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix all ingredients except for the cinnamon well. Make sure the melted butter isn't too hot. Otherwise it will cook your egg while mixing. I like scrambled eggs, but not in my cookies! You can mix this by hand, but I prefer to use my KitchenAid as I feel it gives me a better consistency of dough. Roll into balls, about the size of a small walnut and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Give each one a little tap to flatten out the top a little and sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake for 8 to 11 minutes, depending on your oven. Cool slightly and enjoy your own piece of "Heaven".

No comments:

Post a Comment