Monday, February 1, 2010

SALSA!!!


I don't know where this recipe originated. My friends and family call it "Becky's Salsa" just because I'M the one who makes it. I call it "Peggy's Salsa" because that's who I got it from. Peggy calls it "Sandra's Salsa" and so on and so on. I once went to a craft/bake sale where this salsa was being sold. I tasted it and exclaimed, "Hey! This is the same salsa that I make!" The lady was none too happy about it. She assured me that while she had gotten the recipe from someone else, that she had CHANGED it. So that meant that the recipe was now hers! I thought, "Gimme A Break!" Recipes are to be shared and EVERY recipe is just a modification of a previous one. The POINT is.....this salsa is WAY yummy and makes about a half gallon. That may seem like a lot, but I've never had to throw any away either. Enjoy and feel free to call it Becky's or Peggy's or Sandra's or YOUR salsa! Just make sure you keep your mood light! Life is meant to be enjoyed and you can't do that if you're hung up on who got credit for THE recipe!

Ingredients:
2 28 oz. cans of whole tomatoes
5 jalapenos ends cut off, sliced and seeds removed (leave the seeds from 1/2 jalapeno if you want a little more kick!)
2 tsp. of chicken bouillon granules or 4 chicken bouillon cubes
1 tsp. salt
3 cloves of garlic
2 ripe avocados
1 medium diced onion
1 bunch chopped fresh cilantro
1 rounded (heaping) tsp. ground cumin

Put 1 can of tomatoes, jalapenos, bouillon, salt and garlic in blender and chop or blend for about 10 seconds. If you're using the bouillon cubes, you'll want to run the blender a little longer unless you smash the cubes ahead of time. Pour into large bowl. Put 2nd can of tomatoes in blender and blend for about 5 seconds. Add 1 avocado and blend for about 5 to 10 more seconds. Add to salsa bowl. Dice second avocado and add to salsa along with the remaining ingredients. Serve! Note: You can keep this salsa in your fridge for a couple of days. Remember, the longer it sits the hotter your salsa will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment