Thursday, November 11, 2010

Taco Soup for the Crock Pot


OK, so I posted the recipe for super quick and easy taco soup. Now here is one that is also pretty easy and still pretty quick to throw together. However, you do have to remember to take out hamburger to thaw so that you can brown it for the soup. Ahhh, soup weather! I don't even have to explain to you what soup weather is, because everyone knows. Doesn't matter what part of the country you live in. I can be on the telephone with family or friends who are a thousand miles away and say, "I'm looking out my window right now, and it's perfect soup weather", and I within a millisecond I'll hear "Mmmmmmm" from the person I'm talking to. I have one more taco soup recipe that I will post shortly. For now, here's another keeper!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef, browned and drained
1 onion, chopped (you can fry the onion with the hamburger if you want)
1 to 3 cups tomato juice (depends on how soupy you want your soup)
15 oz. can tomato sauce
2 10 3/4 oz. cans cream of potato soup (this may sound weird, trust me, it's GOOD)
10 1/2 oz. can beef broth
2 15 oz. cans kidney beans, drained
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix

Garnish: corn chips, Monterey jack cheese, shredded and sour cream

Combine all ingredients in a 5 quart slow cooker on low for about 6 hours. Makes 6-8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment