Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Chili Hotdog Casserole



After several requests by my Facebook friends, I've decided to add this recipe to my blog. I may have already posted this recipe, but I don't feel like scrolling backwards to find out. So here it is folks! In all its glory! Chili HotDog Casserole!! The men in my husband's family hold this dish in the same regard as some do with caviar! By the way, I believe their version of champagne would be Rootbeer! I like this recipe because it's easy and I don't have to thaw out anything ahead of time to make it. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
1 large and 1 reg. sized cans of chili. Dennison's and Nalley's both work well.
1 small onion, chopped
1 pkg. hotdogs, sliced
2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
1 lg. bag tortilla chips, crushed

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread 1/2 of the crushed tortilla chips on the bottom of a 9 x 13 in. pan/dish. In a large bowl mix chili, onion and hotdogs. Spread evenly over crushed chips in pan. Spread cheese on top of chili mixture. Top with remaining chips and bake for 35 minutes. Serve with salsa and sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment