Saturday, July 3, 2010

Macaroni & Cheese Salad

I'll have to post a picture of this one at another time. This is a recipe of my late Mother-in-law's. Her name was Gloria and she was not just my Mom-in-law. She was one of my dearest friends and I still miss her terribly. She had many talents, including cooking. I am so very thankful I had the opportunity to get to know her before she passed. I have many of her recipes, and this is by far one of my favorites. Even my sister-in-law, who doesn't care for macaroni salads loves this salad! Enjoy

Ingredients & Directions:

16oz. shell macaroni boiled till tender then rinsed cold (I like to use medium sized shells)
1 cup diced celery
1 lb. cubed cheddar cheese

dressing:

4 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
4 teaspoons mustard
2 cups sour cream
2 cups mayonnaise
1 lg. bottle sweet pickle relish
1 tsp. salt (optional)

In a large salad bowl, mix well and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. When you first mix it together, the salad will be rather soupy. This is normal. The pasta absorbs much of the liquid. If you try to cut back on the amount of dressing, the salad will be extremely dry by the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment