Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Dutch Oven Potatoes



This recipe begins with a pound of bacon! How can that NOT bring a smile to your face? I never have the time to cook with my dutch oven on hot coals outside, so I just put my dutch oven inside my regular oven. Dutch oven purists may look down upon me, but I have never had any complaints from my family or friends when I serve this one up!

Ingredients:
1 lb. of bacon diced
1 lg. onion sliced
6 or 8 potatoes (depending on size) sliced
1 cup sliced or shredded carrots
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat your dutch oven on top of the stove and fry bacon and onions till bacon is cooked and onions are clear. Stir often so as not to stick. Remove from heat and add in remaining ingredients, stirring to coat well. Bake for 35 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are tender.

Now I've never tried it myself, but I've heard that sliced mushroom added to this dish is pretty tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment